Wednesday, December 28, 2011

First Day Back

Today was my first day back to work. I feel accomplished and blahhhhhhhhhh all at the same time. It was nice to do something today and feel like I was being productive, but the 4 hours I was at work just drained me. How pathetic is that? A 4 hour work day that does me in? Me. The girl who works 12 hour shifts weekly, can't handle 4 hours. I do have to say that it's probably best I work my way to a fully functioning version of me. It's crazy how many little things I had to remember to do at work today. Things that are normally second nature were brand new phenomenons today.

All in all, it's been a good day. I'm not sitting down and eating some lunch from Mr. Goodcents. Man, I love their subs. So much better than Subway! I'm officially 3 weeks post op today and feeling OK. I still get tired fairly easy and my brain is a little foggy feeling still. For instance, I know that I drove to work because I was in the parking lot and in my car. But I can't quite remember how traffic was or what the other cars on the road were like. My pain level is almost non existent. I say almost because I still have some pain when I touch the area where the surgery was. The incision itself isn't painful, just the area above the incision. I'm thinking it's just muscle soreness or something. I had a bunch of co-workers today comment about how great my incision was looking. Everyone I run into that knows about the surgery says it just looks like I got scratched by my dog. I haven't really talked to many "strangers" though since the surgery so I can't speak to their reaction. I'll keep you updated on how that goes.

This is what the scar looks like 3 weeks after my thyroid surgery. It's not too shabby looking if I do say so myself.


Pin It

4 comments:

  1. The soreness under scar is sort of scar granulation pressing on the skin nerves; normally it should be gone in 3 to 6 months, but can stay up to 1 year.
    Can you share the details of your pathology report (colloid nodule, neoplasm, etc)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was informed that the nodule was the same as expected from the biopsy. It was a benign follicular nodule.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Benign follicular nodule sounds good, however there is about 20% chance that some nodules may form in the remainig lobe as well. This chance is getting less with supressed TSH (around 1.0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. They did say there are 3 nodules on the left lobe but they are of a much smaller size and look innocent. Based off of the surgical notes I have, the first is 6x3 mm and the other is 4x2 mm and the third measuring 2.1mm.

    AG endostudent, do you have a link to any supporting evidence about my TSH levels needing to be around 1.0 to suppress the growth of these nodules?

    ReplyDelete