Sunday, December 4, 2011

How to Fake Fancy Writing

Just in time for the holidays!

I'm going to show you how to fake fancy handwriting on envelopes (or whatever else you need to fancy write on - Christmas tags perhaps)

For this project you will need:
An envelope (or paper for the tag)
A printer (for the computer)
Felt Pen/Thin Marker
Patience

OK, so the first step is to type what you want to "write"

In my example, I'm making an envelope for Annie Smith (all names and addresses in this demo are fake - at least I hope so).

I started by going into Word and creating an envelope. I put in the name and address of the person.

Then I pressed the "options" button

Then I pressed the "font" button.

I edited the font to be the fancy font I wanted to write in and then edited the size of the font to what I felt looked nice.

Now here's the important part. You MUST choose the font color and select the lightest gray. It should be barely legible when it prints out. Like so:

Can you see that? It's probably quite difficult to see - that's the idea.

Next you take your felt pen/thin marker and trace the letters.



And voila! You have fancy handwriting! This is how I label my envelopes at Christmas. It has such a nice fancy feel to it - and trust me, I can't write all that fancy!

Please note, it's best to use darker colors with this technique. Sometimes pinks and neon colors only accentuate the gray line.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment